9. Saying thank you and responding to thanks
We use these words and phrases to say thank you:
· Many thanks.
· Thanks a lot.
· That's very kind of you.
· Thank you very much.
Responding to thanks
We use these words and phrases to respond when someone thanks us:
· Not at all.
· It's a pleasure. / My pleasure.
· You're welcome.
· Don't mention it.
· Any time.
· That's OK/ all right.
· I'm glad to have been of some help.
10. Recommendations and Suggestions
We use these words and phrases to recommend something to someone:
· You mustn't miss the...
· You must go to the...
· You've got to... (do)
· You'll love the...
· I would / wouldn't recommend the...
· You definitely would / wouldn't enjoy going to the...
We use these words and phrases to suggest something to someone:
· Shall I/we.. (do)?
· Let's.. (do).
· Why don't I / we... (do)?
· How about.. (doing)?
· What about.. (doing)?
· I think we should... (do).
· I suggest that we... (do).
· It might be a good idea if we /you... (do).
· I think the best way of dealing with this situation would be to... (do).
· If you ask me, I think
· we /you should... (do). We could...
Rejecting a suggestion
We use these words and phrases to politely reject a suggestion made by someone else:
· Yes, but wouldn't it be better to... (do)?
· That's a good idea, but. (do).