CHUNKS for FLUENCY - 6
10. Recommendations and Suggestions
We use these words and phrases to recommend something to someone:
· You mustn't miss the...
· You must go to the...
· You've got to... (do)
· You'll love the...
· I would / wouldn't recommend the...
· You definitely would /wouldn't enjoy going to the...
We use these words and phrases to suggest something to someone:
· Shall I/we... (do)?
· Let's... (do).
· Why don't I/we... (do)?
· How about... (doing)?
· What about... (doing)?
· I think we should... (do).
· I suggest that we.. (do).
· It might be a good idea if we /you... (do).
· I think the best way of dealing with this situation would be to... (do).
· If you ask me, I think we /you should... (do). We could...
Rejecting a suggestion
We use these words and phrases to politely reject a suggestion made by someone else:
· Yes, but wouldn't it be better to... (do)?
· That's a good ide but... (do).