8. Asking for help/support
Asking for help
We use these words and phrases to ask for help with something:
· I need some help.
· Could you help me?
· I'm a bit confused.
· I'm having some problems.
Explaining your problem We use these words and phrases to give details of a problem:
· I'm afraid I don't understand...
· Could you explain... in more detail please?
· Could you help me with ...?
· I'm not sure how to...
· I'm having a problem with…
· Ive got some issues with…
· I just dont understand…
Asking for information
We use these words and phrases to request information about something:
· Excuse me.
· Can you tell me...?
· Do you know...?
· You wouldn't know.., would
· Do you happen to know...?
· I'd like to know.., please.
· And there's another thing
I'd like to know...
· I would be interested to know...
· Please could you tell me…
Asking for directions
We use these words and phrases to ask for directions to a place:
· Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to ... (place), please?
· Which way is the ... (place), please?
· Could you tell me where is, please? ...
· Do you know where is? ...
· Excuse me. Could you tell me where ... is?
We use these words and phrases give directions to a place:
· Go straight on.
· Take the first/second on the left / right.
· Turn left / right.Go along... as far as...
· Take the number ... bus / tram.
· Get off (the bus / tram) at.. (place).
· Carry on until you see...
· Look out for...
Saying you don't know
We use these words and phrases to say we cannot help someone:
· I'm afraid I can't help you.
· I'm sorry, I don't know.