“ Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.”
- ADRIENNE RICH
Being responsible means tohave control and authority over something or someone and the duty of taking care of it, him, or her.Responsibility is important because it provides a sense of purpose.
Sharing few steps from my experience to be followed for being responsible –
1. Take responsibility willingly on your own and not forcefully. Start with simple and small tasks like making your bed, getting ready on your own, doing your homework etc. So basically try to be independent.
2. Enjoy the process and not worry about the outcome.
3. Put in your best efforts then the outcome will also be best.
4. Be consistent. Don’t give up if the desired outcomes are not achieved. We learn from our experiences and try to improve further.
5. Do your tasks on time as “A stitch in time saves nine”.
6. Try to help your family members and others as much possible by you.
7. Be thankful and grateful for everything.
You would be wondering, why we need to be responsible. So here are some benefits of being responsible –
1. You become independent.
2. You are a disciplined person.
3. You have a sense of purpose.
4. You are dependable so
people know they can
count on you.
5.Self-aware. You are aware about your abilities.
6.You become more self-confident.
7.You are admired and looked upon as an inspiration.
So to say in a nut shell, being responsible makes u a better person. Let us all try to be a better version of ourselves. Do share your experiences too with me. Keep growing and Happy learning!!